View Single Post
      10-04-2017, 04:05 AM   #15
Dyl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw175 View Post
I just have the standard system. Not sure what tweeters or subs are installed, all I know is that sounds very sub par. The system in my yaris sounds better which to me is an absolute joke given the level of the BMW i.e. M Sport.
If you've not got HK chances are it is just the 'base' system. Do you have tweeters in the corners of the front windows?

I came from a Golf GTI with a factory audio upgrade, I owned it alongside my 4GC for about 9 months. Stepping between the two the audio was miles apart.

I decided initially to just add tweeters (and change mids) to see if it made any difference, and it does. A massive difference. I did one side first then used the fader L&R and check. The side without the tweeter sounds underwater.

I'm happy enough with it now, and wouldn't go to the effort and large cost of adding an amp or changing the under seat subs. Incidentally the subs in a 'base' system are in a sealed housing that is impossible to get into without damaging it.

I'm not saying it's going to be as good as any of the previous suggestions but I believe the very nature of adding tweeters is the biggest jump in improvement you can do to the 'base' audio.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0