View Single Post
      08-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #13
carlos2283
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 e92

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
The dealership service manager gets a heads up from Takata and the highway transportation agency that a temporary fix has been approved;The S.manager then submits a list (in this case a list of BMWs she wants fixed first) to BMW so that they can in turn authorize the interim airbag part with a VIN. Apparently BMW NA has no idea about this and they just authorize the parts with the VIN numbers on the list.

In a situation where BMW folks have been potentially risking their lives (or not driving their cars) how can you not be upset when you learn your local dealership is putting their cars first over your safety?

I finally got confirmation from BMW NA that an interim airbag part has been shipped for me to my local dealership but I wanted to raise awareness on behalf of those waiting and assuming this kind of risk.

If you see your local dealership is selling Known recalled BMWs on their preowend lot, and you havent gotten a letter, chances are they are doing the same thing and prioritizing their fleet over your safety.

Last edited by carlos2283; 08-03-2016 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0