View Single Post
      11-05-2021, 06:58 PM   #36
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Finally took a quick look and zoomed in on one multigear pull in the log. Looks very clean indeed and the WGDC number look quite good compared to stock turbo. Are you running any kind of active cooling flash option?
The “Max Cool” BM3 feature that has lower coolant and oil temp targets is disabled at the moment. I do turn that on at the track during summer, tho.

I do have a larger CSF main radiator, oil cooler, DCT cooler, do88 larger aux radiator, and the Evo3 IC to try to keep things cool via hardware. Also hoping the TTE460 vs Dinan turbo helps with temps. Lastly, running Motul 300V dropped my oil (and coolant bc of the exchanger) temps 10-15F.

We also tried to install the first M2 N55 turbofold blanket from Heatshield Products last week, but everything is too tight around the turbo on my car for it to fit. Maybe it would fit other N55’s. We did wrap the downpipe with Armor insulation, no idea if it’s doing anything.

You can read about these things and my whole cooling saga here: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1525790 I’ll update the thread this weekend about being the alpha tester for the turbofold blanket.

Last edited by ZM2; 11-06-2021 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0