United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
I just took a whole bunch of logs with E50 in the fuel tank. I did the MultiMap FlexFuel Stage2 91ACN, 91, and 93 tunes and MultiMap FlexFuel Stage2+ E30 tune and regular Stage2+ E30 tune.

Below are two that you were interested in comparing:

Stage2+ E30 w E50 in tank

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6187...0b430f4af99634

MultiMap FlexFuel Stage2+ E30 w E50 in tank

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6187...90c6283fe0a9a2

Hope this helps!
Awesome, thanks!

First, comparing your Stage 2+ E30 log to mine (our IATs and engine temps are in a similar range), it's interesting that you're hitting 14.0 max timing and I'm 12.5. However, you begin to not meet boost target above 5K RPM and are 5psi below target at redline. That must just be the flow restriction on your F30's turbo & manifold, but it looks like the map is compensating by increasing timing with the lower actual boost levels? IDK.

As for the difference bn Stg 2+ E30 and the Multimap, you hit max timing of 15.5 with a similar deviation in boost target above 5K. With the ethanol sensor and flex blend factor in play with the Multimap, things like STFT's are being managed differently and it looks like you're making more power.

But, how does the Stg 2+ Multimap feel comparing to the Stg 2+ E30 OTS to you?
And, how do both maps feel in general to you above 5k RPM when your actual boost is dropping below target? Quicker to shift at 6K RPM?

Lastly, some guys report that burble settings are lost b/n Map 1 and the other selectable maps, when switching between them. Is that also the case when doing flexfuel, or do burble settings stay intact as ethanol levels and the map scale up and down?
Thanks for your response. I've been collecting logs as much as possible but don't have laptop access right now to dig into what in them. Any log analysis is appreciated. Answers to your questions below:

Obviously my stock N55 EWG turbo flows less air than aftermarket turbo upgrades. But I have taken the time to upgrade the airflow as much as possible. Right now there is an MST Intake with a 15% larger than stock cone airfilter to a Pure Turbos Inlet Pipe (soon to be an MST Inlet Pipe). The less restrictive inlet pipe added last year increased airflow from 5,000 RPMs on up, as shown by MAF values before/after.

The FlexFuel MultiMap definitely feels more powerful with E50 in the tank. I'm hoping to actually do dyno runs with the various tunes next month.

I haven't formulated an opinion on either of the Stage2+ E30 tunes because I only flashed them long enough yesterday to take about 15 different logs. Since I did the hardware upgrades about a week ago I've just been running the FlexFuel MultiMap Stage2 91ACN because my local E85 station was out of stock. After logging I left it flashed to FlexFuel MultiMap Stage2+ E30, so I'll get more experience driving that tune this week.

When I run this tankful of E50 down next week, then I'm going to put E65/E70 in the tank and take some logs. That's about where the stock LPFP maxes out but I now have a Precision Raceworks LPFP 2.5. Later I'll bump it up to E85 in the tank and take logs there.

I can't speculate much about the tunes over 5,000 RPMs because it's just been 1-2 seconds while I'm taking a log. Right now I'm running the BootMod3 Automatic Transmission Tune. I haven't paid attention to how much it's allowing revs over 5,000 RPMs.

I don't like to introduce extra variables when I'm doing testing and collecting data. In a few weeks I'm considering installing the XHP Transmission Tune using either their Stage2 or Stage3 configuration. It's my daily, not a track car, so any opinions are appreciated.

I can't offer any information about burbles. My wife and I grew tired of burbles especially with our close neighbors so I turned burbles off completely in BootMod3. Our car is a sleeper. The exhaust sound really comes alive when we step on it.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
ZM22813.50