View Single Post
      01-10-2019, 01:49 AM   #1
wlegge
Private
Rep
Drives: 435d X-Drive

ACS Springs 435d - how harsh?

Hi everyone

I am curious about the ACS springs for the 435d. Having had my car for nearly a week now, I can honestly say that probably only once have I felt the body roll / wallow feeling that is regularly talked about on the forums here.

I am probably not driving the car as hard as many do, plus I haven’t really tried attacking my favourite back road yet, so i am sure i will experience it there when i do.

In terms of lowering springs, my only experience has been Eibachs on a MINI JCW (F56) that also had adaptive dampers and it made it handle fantastically, but the ride was unbareably hard, really bouncy and just horrible. I re-fitted the standard springs back on the car and it was a lot more drivable. (That had non-RFT on 18s).

So my 435d has 19s with RFT tyres and does not have adaptive dampers. Realistically, how much harder, harsher, noisy, bouncy will the ride be with the ACS springs? I don’t want to ruin what is quite a pleasant ride at the moment but I would like to get rid of the silly arch gap and maybe a bit of body roll.

Thoughts, experiences?
Appreciate 0