View Single Post
      10-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #25
hummali
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/A

I am going through this problem right now - I bought a 2013 F30 a few days a go and realized this error was popping up even though the camera is OEM factory fitted for the model. However, my trunk was a carboin fiber after market. First they tried to reinitialize (code) all the sensors/camera again saying this was because whoever changed the lid didnt do it. Cost = $85
The next day the same error popped up - another auxilary problem with this error are the rest of the sensors, especially the lane assist/blind spot detection eitehr stop working or start going off even when there is no car around me.

So I took it in and now they are saying it is because the bracket that holds the camera in the trunk is broken or lose and everytime i hit a bump or close the trunk, the camera goes out of calibration causing all sensors to go heywire as well. As such, they want me to pay them $500 to fit in a new bracket and foil some part of my carboon fiber lid so they can successfully hold the camera in spot.
I am thinking of picking the car up and working it out my self but i thought i'd let you guys know.

Considering that you have a retrofit, i am guessing the bracket is not holding the camera in spoit.
N if anyone can help me with my ordeal - plz reach out!!! I literally jsut bought this car and dont have the money or time to take this on right now.
Appreciate 0