View Single Post
      03-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #34
madscience
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Diesel

Thanks for sharing this information!!

Our 2014 wagon, that we've had since new, started doing this during the damp months a couple of years ago. It goes from side view errors to errors on all cameras.

Last spring the left side view camera stopped showing a picture. At which point I pulled the connector, left it open in dry sunny weather, reconnected it and all was well for a while.

While this winter has been fairly dry, it was damp enough to bring back the warnings.

I just pulled both side view connectors and really only the left one had any visible corrosion, and just on one of the pins.

Disconnecting the front view cameras was enough to stop the others from generating any errors. Further evidence that this likely is just a single bad connection that's causing errors on all the cameras.

The single pin was easy enough to clean up, but given that it's inside an otherwise clean coax connector, I have to wonder if the moisture isn't getting in via the cable itself.

I've put it all back together and added a more than a bit of dialectic grease on the connector seal. If it comes back, I'll dry things out again and will add some heat shrink around the harness leading up the the connector. I'll follow up if/when it comes to that.
Appreciate 0