FIDDYgg
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhebigscreen View Post
Hi,
A lot talk about numbers and explaining why the numbers affect the feel and power of the car. I did not have the car dynoed after the mppsk or with the bm3 tune. I have seen posts with both dyno numbers and yes the bm3 over the mppsk tune seems to have another 25hp or so and also about 35ft pounds of extra torque. I'm not sure why but in my experience I could barely feel the mppsk tune. I double checked with my Bmw dealer that loaded the mppsk tune and they where positive the tune downloaded successfully. They were willing to print out whatever they had that showed the tune was downloaded successfully. I should have been able to feel the mppsk tune? When I had the bm3 tune downloaded I felt it the minute I pulled out of the parking lot. Big grins and smiles immediately. In my experience it is night and day. Im not knocking people that are enjoying their mppsk tune. This is simply my experience. I judge an upgrade by how much more fun i think the car is to drive.
Does BM3 adjust throttle pedal sensitivity? I have no experience with tunes for these cars yet (Just MPPSK on mine) but in the past I've had tunes in my trucks and I know they try to trick you into thinking they make a lot more power by adjusting the pedal.