View Single Post
      12-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #227
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Man, that is nice!

I wish the 2.0 Msport also had a dual exhaust. It would make it more of a "M sport" with dual exhausts. The non Msport can have the single/double outlets, but for the M spot there should have been dual pipes.

Overall the M sport is a sweet look. I wonder how well the M sport suspension will do on our daily crappy roads? My last 2 BMW's have had the optional "sport pkg suspension" and the ride and handling has been great on Chicago area roads.
The M sport suspension is claimed to be a bit more sporty aggressive, so it'll be interesting to drive it on daily roads.

I still don't like the screen just sitting there on top of the dash. It just looks like an add on and after thought.

This video showed something I had not noticed before. There are 2 separate crease lines, one starts at hood top and runs to about the mid point on the rear door, and the other starts a bit after the front wheel arch and runs to the back.
I'm not sold on it yet. It looks odd on the first viewing. Hopefully it will look better in person, but I've seen this on other cars and I don't like it.
I prefer a single hard crease from front to rear with an unbroken line.
This 2 crease line look doesn't convey unity as it's a broken line and makes my eyes "jump" while following it front to back or back to front.
Perhaps I'll get used to it, I'm sure I will.

Also, as others have said, the hood creases are too much and too busy. The one on the top of the hood, nearest the windshield, is too tall and distracting.

Overall, the M sport is a very very sweet piece. NICE!

PS

The BMW guy said that they choose wider tires to fill in the arches so that the tires are even with the line. He said they were widened by 40mm's.
That's about 1.5 inches.
What are the tires widths on the new 3?
I think they are 235mm? So that would put the rears at 265mm?
What about the front?

Isn't there a regular "sport pkg" that has increased tire width above the standard size?
If so, what are those sizes?
Appreciate 0