General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
^

I think it might be possible if you already have an active BMW Assist subscription. You can probably take the SIM from the CMB_ECALL and move it to the TCB. I've seen threads about people with older CIC builds and replacing their TCU's with CMB_ECALLs so maybe the same can be done with CMB_ECALL to TCB.

It's probably going to take some annoying phone calls to BMW NA to convince them to activate your 6AK and 6AM options unless you use someone else's account and VIN.
Yeah, I haven't got my head around this one yet. I don't know how best to approach the VIN in TCB if one can be written to it, nor the SIM Card. I believe when BMW replaces a TCU, or Telematics Combox, or TCB, they do not take old SIM card and reuse it, so there must be some procedure with BMW Assist to update account with new SIM card and provision it. The issue though may be getting them to add different services like Floating Point Data for ARTTI. I just don't know.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0