johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
I definitely have the competition model. The weight is a giveaway that it's not the performance bar & plate version. I paid $755 by purchasing the intercooler from X-PH's eBay store. I got their forum member discount, and combined it with a $100 off eBay coupon. If there's no eBay coupon to stack with, you can get a better forum member discount by buying directly from X-PH.

I wouldn't say that the Wagner is very noticeably less laggy than the ATM (if you're concentrating on it then you can notice it a bit). I also can't really compare with the OE intercooler, because I never ran it with the Stage 2 tune, although I definitely remember lag with it. The only IC where the lag really bothered me was with the CSF (which I did run with the Stage 2 for a short bit). You'd get nothing from a start, then a huge surge and jerk when it suddenly pressurized. That wasn't pleasant for daily driving.

The steering isn't as great as others, however I found that adding a front strut bar definitely added more feeling into it. That mod was TOTALLY worth it (and cheap too!). Adding Superpro camber adjustable bushings didn't do anything really for the steering feel though.
I know what a front sway bar is but I'm not familiar with the "front strut bar" that you mention. What is it? and where did you get it?
Appreciate 0