Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerace View Post
Thank you guys for your help! I got a response from the shop and they fixed several of these, the car is out of limp mode now. It seems like the HPFP was not engaged with the camshaft. It still has a problem with the thermostat getting stuck in the open position. He'll take care of it next time I bring it in. As for now, do you guys know what I need to refresh the suspension? It has the Adaptive M, and it rides like shit, and a strut is leaking, so I'd like to replace the whole thing as nothing has been replaced and it's sitting at 135k. I'd like to use OE and not lower the car.

Car feels pretty good at the moment, except for the Thermostat that causes the Fan to go 100% and the Oil Temp to not move? And a new Transmission code:/
If you want to keep the adaptive suspension, bilstein makes plug and play shocks/struts in both stock (B4) and sportier (B6) versions. I have the B6 with H&R prokit springs, I really like the ride compared to the stock adaptive.
Bilstein also makes plug and play B16 coilovers now, and KW has had a plug and play coilover set for a bit, but I have read that the KWs are significantly firmer.

There's also the option of going to normal coilovers without adaptive features and coding out the adaptive function or buying the expensive EDC delete kits.
Interior: Bavsound stage 1 and subs - custom trunk sub by Mike1327
Appreciate 0