View Single Post
      07-18-2018, 06:16 AM   #6
shokka9
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 320d ED F30

I know it's been some time since I posted my OP. But, the saga is still going on....

I topped the oil up, and eventually managed to drop it off at the garage that did the repair (I was on holiday, so couldn't get it back for a little while).

** I can prove it's leaking, as I left cardboard underneath, and there were oil spots the morning after. The leaks stop once the engine is off, suggesting the leak was from the seal, as the oil drops to the sump once the engine is not running. The engine leaks more oil when driving, and driving fast and for longer distances. I think this is pressure based, as leaving the engine running (idling), there does not appear to be any leaks. **

The garage said they couldn't see any obvious leaks coming from any where, so they took the sump off again, and put it back on. Filled it up with oil, and left the sealant to go off for 24 hours.

I picked the car up, and drove it.

I checked the oil level after each journey, and it didn't move for a couple of days. I think this was based on mileage. After day 4, I had lost a quarter of a litre (approx).

Anyway, it's still losing oil, and I've spoken to the garage and arranged a courtesy car, as I cannot keep doing this.

They need to identify the leak, which can be hard, as it only leaks when the car is being driven, and the engine is providing enough pressure to force the oil out of wherever it seems to be coming from.

I will update once they hopefully locate the problem.

Feel free to suggest things/places they should be checking.
Appreciate 0