View Single Post
      02-22-2021, 12:07 AM   #13
jvit27
Private
Rep
Drives: '99 M3, '04 M3

I have an E36 M3, E46 M3, and F31 M sport. The F3x creature comforts are nice, the styling is fantastic, and I REALLY enjoy not having to stay on top of the aging BMW game as the other two are constantly needing something. And they are low mile cars. It's a great daily but it just does not feel special and the size difference is definitely noticeable.

I had toyed with the idea of getting rid of the E46 but i'm glad I didn't. E46 is peak classic BMW. The F31 has potential though, and to be fair it's still on runflats and the base 4x4 suspension (non-adaptive unfortunately). Hopefully rectifying those things will really close the gap, but xDrive steering feel needs a lot of help before i'll be happy. Really wish I could have gotten the b58 as well... so be glad you have that.

Overall I think there's a cost/benefit with either platform. The older cars are more analog for sure, but they get less charming the more you have to fix things. And you can dial alot of feel back IN to the newer car fairly easily. Frustrating that BMW didn't get that right from the get-go though.
Appreciate 1
dmaxdmax417.00