02-22-2021, 08:16 AM   #14
dmaxdmax
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6-spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
The E46 is grossly overrated. I couldn't wait to get rid of mine. F3X RWD M-Sport with Adaptive M Suspension solves the handling concern, and the 8 speed automatic transmission just pulls like crazy.

The E46 romanticism is tired.

What options do you have on your F30? M-Sport? Sport? Did you get the Adaptive suspension? Because the X-Drive suspension without one of those options is the worst of the bunch.
Oh no you d'int!

I have no handling concerns with my 340 xD, M-sport, 6-spd...I drive the car I have fine. No adaptive suspension per se; but I drive for the conditions I have and if I don't know the conditions, I drive until I know.

The f30 is amazing--too amazing.

I drive mostly 'boring' on highway, or 'most I can' in and around suburban NJ. With the E46 and its light front end, nice gearing in the 5-spd, I could work the engine though its range. I could stay in 2nd all the way to 69 mph and the engine sung. The f30 in 2nd sort of screams...and she tells me she wants 6th. 6th? Already?

It's too comfortable--I feel secure, got tunes, power, handling, heated seats, hud...even automatic revmatching. I am riding, not driving.

E36's nimbleness? Every day was an adventure to see if I'd take my hands off the wheel and bump into a tree while trying to light a cigarette and shift at the same time. Death was around every turn. Driving was fun, exciting, engaged. Me and the car were one.

Me and this f30? We're not one yet. The jury is still out.

dmax on FB

My last pre-covid standup set
Appreciate 0