View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #59
mfear
South Florida Elite
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i - Crimson Red/Black

they haven't switched out the wheels yet because they've tried it on 3 others with different wheel/tire combos and it's happened on them, too (i assume modern and luxury lines).

i'll describe it this way:

you could be on the smoothest road (freshly paved...or concrete, even).. close your eyes and drive from 30-70 mph and the ride will feel like you're floating on air.. won't feel a thing ..IF you hands are off the wheel. open your eyes, and with your hands of the steering wheel, you'll see the steering wheel vibrating left and right a few degrees.. has no effect on the direction or ride quality, but it's visually and physically perceptible.. to a significant degree. i should have video'd it.

it's not road feel or the typical BMW sporty feedback.. it's an internal problem. the guy was like, "well, bmw's definitely have a lot of feedback and a sporty feel.." ..well i've had 2 other bmw's and neither does this. lol

Appreciate 0