Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Dude, this has to be the dozenth time you've ambiguously said you'll pass catless with a winkie smilie! How!? Pay the test administrator? Hack the DME? Become governor and change the laws? I don't get it lol
Lol...he must be doing one of the above.

So to make sure I understand, no more anal probe to get actual real time data that cannot be tampered with. So we are testing the physical exhaust gasses and the efficiency of an internal combustion engine, with sensor readings and not the actual physical exhaust. This sounds incredibly easy to hack/cheat by many different means. Hell, something that works like a piggyback could be invisibly installed inline OBD, interrupt real readings and pass back readings the state emissions test is looking for. I might start working with some of my friends who could program something like that within a week after getting the emissions test code.

In my opinion it's just another way to collect money, and tell everyone they are doing their jobs writing stricter regulations. The strict CARB and EPA laws are on the auto manufactures to build low emission engines, and they get tougher each year. If those regulations are policed and keep manufacturers within parameters, one would believe the vast majority of cars on the road are burning as clean as CARB demands. The few cheaters and beaters out there are no where near significant enough to move the needle. Hmmmm
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 0