View Single Post
      08-29-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
rbreding
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328d, 335d, x5d

328d CCV Oil Catch Can

Well after doing the CCV Oil Catch Can on the e90 335d during the CBU cleaning I checked the can after about 300 miles there was about a teaspoon (didn't measure it, just eyeballed it and guestimated) of oil in the bottom of the can.

That being said I examined the CCV connections on the F30 328d today and determined that the exact same setup could be done on that vehicle. One of the reasons for this mod is to eliminate a "source" of CBU ingredient and to keep the oil out of the IC. There was about a half cup of oil in the factory IC on the e90 after 65k miles when it was changed out.

This was the post that was mostly followed except I used a different supplier for the catch can. The design was identical. This same list appears to be able to be used for the F30 and I will be duplicating it as soon as the parts arrive. Based on my initial examination it appears as though this mod can be reversed if you so chose as none of the OEM parts are cut/modified in an unnecessary fashion.

Pictures to follow once the parts arrive and some additional documentation ta boot.
Appreciate 0