10-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #17
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive View Post

I think many BMW enthusiasts are going for older cars or slightly up market. Those looking for new cars in the F30 price range today who aren't already BMW enthusiasts will be giving other brands a good look.
As they should. So many good cars on the market these days. Even those looking to move 'down market' out of the luxury sector, so many good cars that can be had for cheap. I was visiting friends in northern CA sacramento area this weekend and my buddy's wife has a 2016 Accord sport, the 4 banger with the CVT and that is beyond competent daily driver. Better looking than many previous Accords and I also just read a C&D review about the Accord 2.0T that is coming out or is out, the 2018... Really good. If I can't get into another BMW or similar for the low $300 range again when this lease is up I may very well be moving downmarket as well. Something about this 2 young kids in daycare/preschool and living in Los Angeles that is just breaking me right now and making me look downstream. Although, if we luck out on a good LAUSD school for kindergarten in a year and save that stack of cash every month, I may be able to stay in the rattle trap with the fancy badge.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 0