View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #141
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFanatic2008 View Post
90 percent of all people (not just among BMW owners) don't know anything about cars. That's why majority of F30s on the the road are going to be in bland configurations (Luxury/Modern)

Nothing new here.
...or, BMW knows exactly who its customer is and has morphed the 3 Series from the E36 slotcar to the F30 cruiser for a purposeful reason.

They spend millions of dollars on research, have a database of millions of satisfied 3 Series owners. So when you see the transformation from the E36 to E46 to E90 to F30, it's all you need to know, tells you everything, answers all questions.

What that 90% of "all people" know about BMW's is that they make them look good, feel good, and cost a lot of money. They don't need to know about cylinders, suspensions, unsprung weight, chipping, and all this nonsense that has nothing to do about getting from Point A to Point B in style.

You're an enthusiast. I'm an elitist. We both are in it for the same reasons. You get your kills at high speed on the roads, I get mine standing still in the parking lot. If this were a Ford forum and we were talking about Mustang's, you're right, this talk of status symbols and wealthy people wouldn't occur because it would make no sense. Here in Bizzarro BMW Land, same thing, but the other way around. This talk of an F30 as some track-worthy high-performance sportscar is a laughable concept. You're taking a soft, luxury status symbol and trying to turn it into something it's not because you're stuck in 1985 when BMW made the car you really want.

BJ
Appreciate 0