View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #54
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I shaved in the shower every work morning my entire working career until I was 40. My GF got me a top of the line Braun shaver for my 40th birthday and a razor has not touched my face since. From the jawline up, it is 98.5% as smooth as a razor shave on my face. On the neck it is more like 92-94%. I have 2 hair whorl areas on my lower neck that are very difficult to shave, so I blame part of that on them.

Then a Few years ago I lost my father and watching him go had an effect on me and I changed my whole life after he passed to do what made me happy. I quit a great job making great money that had turned into my entire life and my stress center for sure. I landed a job in the same industry doing the same basic job, but for a privately owned company that is much more laid back and actually staffs for the workload. I started using a "modified grooming standard" (LOL) where I use an iStubble on the lowest setting about every other day and keep a shade of stubble all the time. I still use my Braun to keep my upper cheeks and lower neck clean.

Now when I do a trade show or have visitors in and I have to fully shave I hate it. I have fully embraced the scruff life and am lucky enough to have a women that is fine with it.

I am lucky to be light headed so my beard is not dark and lucky to be in an outdoors industry that is ok with the look. If you are in such a position - I suggest you give it a try! Shocking how something I saw as normal morning routine can give me so much pleasure to do without! =)

Getting old and caring less I guess......... I now look at that nasty looking beard on David Letterman and think "I get it bro....."
upstatedoc7555.50
MKSixer34173.50
Salty Dog3572.50