01-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #18
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
There's no better vehicle to have to drive every day than a Range Rover. I didn't fully "get it" until I used one as a daily. 5 years ago, I'd have nice SUVs because why not or because my GF wanted one, but I still chose to daily a coupe. I've since grown up. Most of the "anti-SUV car enthusiasts" eventually will, too.
This one won't. Ever.

Once petrol prices go through the roof -- and they will, particularly when demand decreases because of EVs, etc. -- SUVs will fade from favor. How else do you explain why they aren't nearly as popular almost everywhere but the U.S.?

That said, I like two-door SUVs ... you know, as SUVs go. The original International Scout, Jeep, and Suzuki Samurai -- all groundbreaking vehicles in SUV evolutionary lineage -- were two-doors, and even the original Range Rover was a two door-only vehicle for the first decade or so of its existence.

Some might even interpret this as a return to roots. I sure do. Things tend to come full circle, you know.

#SaveTheCars
Appreciate 0