10-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #8
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
That's because the M Perf Brakes and M Sport Brakes are both 370mm and 340mm. The only differences being the caliper color and rotors (drilled/slotted vs blank) and weight of those rotors. Pads and caliper size are the same.
And yet, many manufacturers and dealers of aftermarket pads (Akebono, Hawk, etc) are unsure whether it'd fit or not. Not saying their physical dimensions and specs are not the same. Even when I look up rotors and stuff, it looks to be the same.

For example, if you go here you'll see that for front euro ceramic brake pad set, it says for vehicles with standard brakes (Without M-sport or M-performance), and yet rear Euro ceramic brake pad set says for vehicles without M Performance brakes, but does not mention M Sport brakes.

Or even easier, look at where this post started. It's like that where I would send a message asking if it'd fit M Performance brake kit, and even give them the part number and specifically say that it's yellow and not blue or whatever, still get a reply saying they're not sure or that it'll fit M Sport brakes.

Let's say you ask a manufacturer if the LED headlights would fit in place of Xenons, but they tell you it'd fit in place of halogen, would you take their word and go for it? I mean physically the slots are the same. But the wiring is probably different going from halogen to LED and Xenon to LED.

It's like that. It's kind of frustrating when they are not super clear.