View Single Post
      09-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #45
epistax
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 IX GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy118 View Post
So I just bought a 2015 335xi GT. Most of the posts I am seeing say this car should have 300HP. My Sport Display shows 320HP and 320ftlb of torque. I have not MPPK or otherwise... I am wondering a few things from the experts here.
1) Am I just wrong? Why is my car showing 320HP when most people are saying 300HP without the upgrades?
2) If I did get the MPPK on this car, what would be my HP and Torque ratings?
3) Are there any MPE available for a GT? If not, what exhaust would be the largest increase for my $$.
4) What other performance upgrades would people suggest?

Really confused on the 320HP vs. what I read everywhere...
Let me take a wag at this as my first post.

1) Companies like BMW advertise CHP. Dynos measure WHP and sometimes try to calculated CHP based off of it. BMW advertises 300 CHP so they ensure they have a comfortable margin above that, such as 320 CHP. WHP, which includes all the mechanical loses. This could result in 260-300 WHP at this CHP (I don't know what's typical for BMW, and the gap will be different between RWD and AWD). People get mods and it might boost them up to 300 WHP which can be higher than 320 CHP. I haven't seen any posts on how much trust to put into the sport display. It's fun and I love it, but I don't know how accurate it is at reporting any kind of HP.

2) For my 435, BMW advertises somewhere around 335 CHP, as oppose to the 300 CHP they advertise earlier. I expect they will still beat that, but as it's a promise on an add-on rather than a car I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the margin much closer.

3) 4) iunno
Appreciate 0