01-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #16
r1cey
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by weston.__ View Post
Same circumstances to the OP, my cheapest quote was £726. I never call up usually just stick to the online comparisons.

I don't know why BMW quotes just seem ridiculous for me. I did quotes on a Golf R, S3, M140i and they all came back cheaper than the 3 series.
What 3 series have you got?
I have an M140i, and on the babybmw forum, insurance appears to have gone through the roof due to thefts and numpty’s wrapping them round trees!!
I was with Chris knott for the past two years who were very competitive against the mainstream insurers, but moved to Sainsburys this year because the excess was only £150 (cheapest I’ve seen), and policy only £360. Excess was £350 with Chris Knott last two years (policy cost very similar), excess £500 with most others (and was £700 prior to that with Direct Line, just because I fitted the black M-Performance grills (worth £80, go figure), hence the reason I went with Chris Knott).
Have since put the original grills on, to keep the car standard, and eliminate the opportunity to increase for feck all!!
As others say, bit of a lottery!!
P.S. 50 year old, good location, but a fault from 2016
:-(

Last edited by r1cey; 01-15-2020 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0