10-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #40
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
That's right! You can use your existing screen and head unit and this would be an add-on to your OEM setup.

This CarPlay addon will give you all of the features integrated with CarPlay that runs off your phone such as Siri Voice Control integration, Music Playback, access to apps such as Spotify and Tunein Radio and also Apple Maps. Yes your phone has to be connected at all times but you will have Navigation on your vehicle and access to your music without having to spend over $2000 on a NBT retrofit.

You can browse and skips songs either directly from the carplay interface or via the thumb wheel on the steering wheel. You can also navigate through the CarPlay menu using the OEM iDrive controller just like on BMW's version of CarPlay.

Hope this helps!
Sounds awesome! And i am pumped that you are in Canada as that might potentially make this even more cost effective for me as far as shipping costs go.
When will you have a comprehensive video showing all the features on a car with HU_ENTRY and more importantly when are they available for sale and what is the cost?
One other question, with CarPlay can you screen mirror or have video playing from netflix or youtube? I imagine some fancy jailbreaking of iphone is likely required, sorry for being a noob
Appreciate 0