10-18-2017, 03:35 AM   #41
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
That's right! You can use your existing screen and head unit and this would be an add-on to your OEM setup.

This CarPlay addon will give you all of the features integrated with CarPlay that runs off your phone such as Siri Voice Control integration, Music Playback, access to apps such as Spotify and Tunein Radio and also Apple Maps. Yes your phone has to be connected at all times but you will have Navigation on your vehicle and access to your music without having to spend over $2000 on a NBT retrofit.

You can browse and skips songs either directly from the carplay interface or via the thumb wheel on the steering wheel. You can also navigate through the CarPlay menu using the OEM iDrive controller just like on BMW's version of CarPlay.

Hope this helps!
Steve, as mentioned a couple of times before I'm really interested in this product. Can you PM me with an approximate price and if possible, can I put down a deposit to get my hands on this in the first batch?

Also, I want to add I live in Spain so would delivery here be an issue? In fact, I work in an overseas territory of the UK called Gibraltar, so if delivery is possible there, that would be great as I could avoid the VAT and duty when the unit arrives over here....