View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #131
kevlartoronto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: a4 3.2L avant 6spd

i'm not sure how close they are to the limit of that configuration. they already sell a 168hp and a 180hp version in europe. it's just different software. it's not a big stretch to think they could squeeze 20hp more out of the 320d single turbo. mercedes has a 2.1 turbo diesel with 201hp. they don't need this anywhere else in the world because the rest of the world have access to the twin turbo version of this engine in the new 325d. it's 218hp. the 320d is 1500 less than the 328i and the 325d is about the same price as the 328i in europe. all i'm saying is i would be shocked if they try and go with a 6 cylinder in the 328d. if what discoboy was saying is right that the car is going to be at dealers in 3 to 4 months the car is already set. why would they show a 4 cylinder at montreal if it was going to be a 6 cylinder? i suppose they might be considering bringing both a 320d and a detuned 330d as the 328d but i can't see that happening. when i asked my local dealer he told me up front that he only had documentation that the diesel model was going to be a 4 cylinder and x drive. this was weeks ago. he couldn't confirm whether a manual was going to be avail but i highly doubt it will because even their 328i xdrive doesn't have manual. curse them!!! i'm sure the states will get a rwd version and if they get a manual in the rwd i'm going to buy from an american dealer.
Appreciate 0