View Single Post
      03-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #60
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

lol... so, update, after getting another 100 or so miles on Easter commuting.

There's a noticeable kick in power at 2500 rpm up to around 4500-5K.

Now with a mixture of more city and highway/parkway type roads and curves today, i notice a new kick of more power around 2500 rpm.

Revving car to around 2000 and letting out clutch quickly (not a full dump) the car will give you a new much stronger jolt and roar. Maybe the weather was better or does the ECU adapt? I know my old Rx8's ecu sort of adapted and took a few days to gather itself after you pulled the battery or got a new flash. Whatever it is, the car def feels more alive now. My butt dyno is no scientific tool, but i have nothing to gain by making this up i guess, and i swear its a bit more responsive now.

Intake/exhaust sounds are pretty hard to discern most of time though. I'm not sure what BMW is saying when they say "emotionally enticing burble". Maybe they are talking bout if its mated with the exhaust.

My original ride was all highway so my tests were basic pulls when traffic allowed. After another 2 days with mix city situations and more highway I'm quite impressed.

Can't wait to hear more from the AT crowd.