View Single Post
      06-24-2019, 05:34 AM   #1
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

Exclamation Clicking noise from drivers side wheel.

Finally picked up my car after a month!!

Had some damage to bumpers and a couple light scratches applied to body work by the dealer car wash. After a further wash, polish, 2 visits to the body shop I could pick it up.. I was more excited than first buying it!

Noticed on the drive back a noise with my windows down cruising on A roads. Managed to get this picked up on video. Same again this morning.

My thoughts are the discs have warped or the pads aren’t seated correctly, only time I had something similar was on a previous hatchback upgrading brakes to 320mm drilled discs. First pair would make the same noise both front sides, once replaced nothing happened.

There’s no reason to think of that brakes were adjusted, removed and put together again, by either my self or the dealership.

Increasing speed increases the frequency. Happens on and off throttle. No noticeable vibration on steering wheel (will test this out again).

Is it possible to be the pads/disc? I have done a quick swoop of the tyre tread rotation the wheel both sides but couldn’t mind any pebbles or stones.

Here’s a video: " width="800" height="450" frameborder="0">

Link. https://vimeo.com/344054814/description

Ideally want to look into this my self as I don’t want a number of visits again with long wait times.

Last edited by KTE; 06-24-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0