View Single Post
      10-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #81
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You'd know if they did an oil change by pulling the oil filter to see the oil condition. That's not an option with the average car that uses a canister filter, but it's simple with BMW. On that subject, two cars ago I had a Mercury Cougar that so successfully hid the oil filter it took me an hour to find it the first time I changed it. My next, an Altima, teased me, because I could see the filter but I couldn't reach it without pulling a wheel and then loosening the wheel well shield. The BMW filter is so fast and simple to change that I change my filter twice a year, even though I only change the oil yearly.
As for dealer oil change service, mine did scratch my fender near the hood. It looked like the mechanic leaned over it wearing a belt buckle with barbed wire trim. The last maintenance agreement oil change I had them do is the last time anyone will change my oil other than me. It also ensures that it gets MolyGen plus Ceratec, which within 500 miles of putting in gave me 2MPG more than I had been getting with BMW oil.
Appreciate 0