View Single Post
      08-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAL View Post
I have been looking at the Configurator for the "sport" models (it will be time to think about changing in a few month's time).

Looking at the available specification options for the "Sport" models, it looks like I have three alternatives for the suspension:

a) Go with the standard adaptive suspension with its "comfort" and "sport" modes (I have this on my current car)

b) Specify "M Sport suspension" (+£315)

c) Specify "Adaptive M Sport suspension" (+£750)

If I ordered either b) or c), instead of a), I was wondering what might I expect the differences would be terms of ride height/quality/adaptability etc?

My apologies in advance if this topic is already covered elsewhere. If so, a pointer to the correct thread would be most appreciated.
If you are meaning specifically the suspension, then your current passive setup doesn't have modes, neither will the M-Sport suspension, which again is a passive setup, but lower (10mm) and firmer suspension. Only the Adaptive M-Sport suspension is active with two base modes, comfort and sport, and it shares the same ride height as the M-Sport system.

With passive suspensions, 'modes' are for adjusting steering, throttle and with autos the gearbox characteristics.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0