09-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #77
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
the M4 is 3500-3600lbs. 718 is 3000. Unlike the 718 the M4 is actually practical...and you can transport people.

I would never want to buy a 4 banger Porsche. I'm sure others will agree that is a total waste of money...to buy a Porsche and not get one of the best things about it; a sweet, singing 6. It's like buying a decaf coffee; triple filtered to remove the kick. A product of clever advertising and product placement.
You, sir, plainly don't know your Porsche history. It ain't all 911, and it ain't all sixes, flat or otherwise.

And, I will add, the engine is not the best reason to buy a 981/982 Porsche. It's the handling. The 718 is, by a considerable consensus among professional auto writers and others, the best-handling street car available below $200ish K ... and, some would argue, the best at any price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
And you feel the need to come to a BMW forum to be the de facto ambassador for the 718 because ....
Teeone Look ay my posts/rep figures and my sig. I've been on this forum since 2014 because I owned a 2 Series and became one of the 'experts' on the car here. I traded up to a 718 a year ago, but I stick around here to provide advice and context, quell misinformation, play devil's advocate, and continue to teach and learn. It's fun. So, I didn't 'come' here. I've 'been' here.

Heck: There are forums I've been an off-and-on part of since the mid-1990s. So, Teeone : Don't tell me to go, because beyond being banned (never happened, :: knock on wood :: ), I'm likely not going anywhere. Besides: This isn't your forum. This isn't even a BMW owners forum. It's everyone's. Internet forums are a populist microcosm rendered from 1s and 0s. Obey the rules and contribute, and that's all you need: you're in.
Appreciate 0