Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Just uploaded a new cheat sheet with some of the latest stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
I saw a reference in the files to an ASS memory setting.... coincidence?
Haha, yes and no.. I knew it was out there, just didn't know where yet.. I found it today after a search for it in all the settings =)

Quote:
On another note, the cable in your post has to be ordered from Lithuania. Is there something closer to home? Did you order from there? I'd love to put a cable together myself, but I can't find the OBDII connector for sale anywhere.

EDIT: I noticed that there was an ebay link for the connector so I'll look there.
I received my cable from one of the guys from the F10 forums. They needed some info regarding Speed Limit Indicator (since I have this enabled on my car) and this was the fastest way to get that info (unfortunately, the F30 and F10 are too different exactly on that part what they needed to know, so it was all for nothing really).

Other than this, I actually had trouble getting a cable. Thing is, I wanted to order on ebay but those guys don't ship to AK/HI (ridiculous since they use regular mail but oh well). At the time I was looking for one, the cable from Lithuania was not yet confirmed working. You might be lucky with a cable from Amazon (they sell them) but thing is, often the wires are on different connectors, and they're often missing that resistor, resulting in a faulty cable. Make sure that you compare the charts (there's one in my first page) to make sure it will work

Quote:
Note for anyone planning on building their own cable, you'll also need a 510 ohm .25 watt resistor.
Thanks, I forgot to add that. I added it to the first post as well

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0