View Single Post
      04-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #267
jpm5150
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
I am really hoping your dealer screwed up their communication with BMW on whats going on. I had been planning MPPSK on my 440 order this spring. I feel like if BMW had made such a large change to offerings in Port installed program, considering how many forum members have been adding MPPSK and other accessories it would have started bubbling up in other order threads.

fingers crossed
So, I called the BMW Genius. Which side note, was really quick and easy to talk to a knowledgeable person. They confirmed that the options are not yet available as port installs. They felt like they would become available at sometime in the future once the new model year was in full swing. That makes a lot more sense than what the dealership told me. Genius guy said they were 'shooting from the hip' on their response as they simply don't have the details on the port parts for the LCI refresh.

The whole process of ordering the LCI right at the very beginning of production is a good lesson learned not to do that again. Unfortunately, it was a timing issue for me this time as my lease ends next month and needed to either order a 2018 or pick from a limited amount of 2017 which I couldn't quite find the configuration I liked.
Previous: 2011 535xi Black/Black
Previous: 2005 645ci Black/Black
Appreciate 0