View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #15
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
I had the error a bunch of times and figured out a solution (that at least works for me)

1. turn off bluetooth so it doesn't auto connect to your car
2. connect phone to obd. open settings and ethernet should pop up right underneath cellular. Open the ethernet setting, wait for an IP address to show up, takes 20ish seconds
3. open xdelete app and connect to your car. configure xdrive and hit flash
4. if the error pops up (it pretty much always does on my first try) then force close the xdelete app. then fully turn off car so the dash lights turn off. single press the start button to turn accesory back on
5. reopen the app, go to configure car again. if the slider is set to the opposite setting of what you are using (i.e. it shows rwd on when it is still in xdrive) then flip it back to xdrive but DON'T hit flash. Flip back to rwd. NOW hit flash
6. If all goes well then it should go through the motions and perform the flash.

I feel like it doesn't fully connect to the xdrive ecu if your car was recently on and you didn't fully turn off the car first. The method I just described has allowed me to flash it quite a few times now and it ALWAYS has an error at least once, so I just fully turn off car, check that the ethernet ip shows up, flip around the awd/rwd sliders once, and then retry the flash

Hope my solution helps at least someone.

2014 435i ewg
iphone 11 pro max
latest ios (have used multiple ios versions and still works)
Appreciate 1
Gic_233.00