08-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #106
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
If sprint cars have terrible visibility, it applies to all of them, not just Tonys car, right?
So answer this question, how come everybody else, who was driving under the yellow flag, with reduced speed, about 40mph i believe, was able to see that kid, but Tony did not?
The video I saw showed just 1 car go by Ward before Tony came around the track. So the first driver had a better view, or didn't see the kid and just got lucky and didn't hit him. Ward aggressively walked towards Tony's car. Maybe Tony just didn't see him due to ambient lighting conditions and the 1st car blocking the initial view of Ward that Tony may have had. Or maybe Tony may have been checking other traffic that was around him. I find it funny that posts are going into the video and the sound alignment of throttle applications etc.; it's like the grassy knoll theory of JFK's murder. Sprint car tracks are a combination of rubber, grease, oil, dirt, and ruts. It's hard to predict what a sprint car will do when give sudden inputs of brake or throttle. There are just too many variables involved here to make a determination that Stewart had any ill intention to use his car as a device to scare the kid and ended up accidentally running him over. Had the kid stayed in his car like he should have, he'd be alive now, but he made the decision to walk out on the track; he put himself in jeopardy.
Appreciate 0