mokorx
Private
Thailand
Rep
Drives: G30 530e M Sport, F30 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondaman View Post
Thanks for the super detail DIY, KUDOs.
I was trying this before but would like to know if you can help me with this step.
On page 11, you have two connectors on the bottom of the plastic steering wheel cover shroud, I only have one connector. It is a 328i USA version, LHD, which I think is (2) on your picture. How do you disconnect the antenna from the shroud? I tried pulling on the connector but it will not disengage. The plastic part connected to the shroud is kind of snug and doesn't disconnect neither.
For the SZL, do you have to access it with the steering wheel and shroud completely removed? I have an M-steering wheel with all the wiring already, but when I was trying to remove the SZL, the plastic retaining clip move up but will be stopped by a plastic piece preventing the retaining clip to be completely flipped up, preventing the SZL harness to be removed.
Thanks for the help and really appreciate the post!
I tried to remove the connector and could not as well. My solution is to remove the antenna from shroud. There are two slots that guide/hold the antenna in place. You need to pry loose the one with longer post.

To remove the SZL connector you need to remove the SZL completely otherwise you will not able to swing the lock completely. Just remove the four bolts and remove the SZL. Make sure that you steering is in 0 deg. position otherwise you will not be able to line up the SZL when you need to put it back.
Appreciate 2