View Single Post
      05-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #238
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVExotics
The only other little complaint I would have is that the center of our M Sport steering wheel is slightly off. It isn't symmetrical all the way around. It was either mis-shapened or misplaced. This is purely aesthetic and hasn't been a big enough issue to bring up to the dealer.
I'm glad someone found out that the M sport steering wheel isn't symmetrical.

If you put your hands at the 9 and 3 o'clock position and wrap your fingers naturally behind it, you will notice that there is more leather wrapping on your left hand (9 o'clock) compared to your right one (3 o'clock). I have compared at least 10 different M sport wheels and they are all like that. Want more assymetry? Grab on to 4 and 8 o'clock and you will realize that 4 o'clock in general is slightly thinner in grip than 8 o'clock, though not as obvious as the other one.

One more? Okay fine. Touch the cross-stitching (facing inwards) where that little bulge is at the 2 and 10 o'clock and run your fingers around there and you will notice that one side is smoother and the other side is a lot rougher. Not sure if they are all like that as I haven't tested enough samples for this one.

I have no clue how it can be so consistently asymmetric.

dL
Appreciate 0