03-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #95
M4LF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Buying does not have the disadvantage of leasing with ED when it comes to that factor. If you are going to lease, I would still do ED especially if your thinking of a European vacation anyway. The experience is worth it.

Now if BMW decides to drop the stipulation that M4's come from dealer allocation, ignore everything I said and do ED. The deals can get crazy and it's easy to get an ED M4 at invoice + $500. At that price point, there is no comparison.
I would love to do a ED, but I am a bit intimidated since I don't speak German. I like leasing since it's a write off for me. So over the 3 years I'll save about $9k, not bad considering I'm only paying $4k in finance cost. That and the added benefit of freeing my capital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
This is the key. The monthly payment waiver is really misleading by BMW as you have the car for 1 less month and pay 0.5 extra payments overall (since BMW waives 1 payment) due to the increased MF. However, dealers are WAY more flexible on pricing for ED cars as long as allocations are not super tight. You can get these cars at ED invoice + $500-$1000 now, even though allocations are still being limited.
This allocation thing is new to me. I didn't know that dealers are limited by BMW allocations. I would think they want to sell as many cars as they can. So are there times when BMW does not stipulate that ED come out of dealer allocations? And what time of the year are allocations not tight? I checked with a local dealer today and they said they usually sell the ED at 2k above invoice.
Appreciate 0