View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 12:42 AM   #3
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephensF30 View Post
Just wanted to create this thread to ask a few question see others responses. I have a 2013 335i xDrive (PWG) that has CP, and Dp. I have come across a deal with a pure stage 1 turbo being offered to me for cheap ($500). Are pure stage 1 turbos worth the money and installation price (Installation being near $1,000)? How much power have your builds gotten with the pure stage 1 turbo? I will be getting a fmic before putting the turbo on. I know pure stage 2 turbo kits are near $2k near the same installation price. Then you have to upgrade the high pressure fuel pump with that turbo. Will I need meth to push over 400-450whp with just stage 1 turbos and fbo? I know xDrive slacks on horsepower compared to Rwd. I really do not want to do meth since this is my daily driver or mess with e30 blends since there are no pumps near me (93 pump for me). Please leave your feedback with your pure stage 1 turbo and how you like it or dislike it?
You certainly will not make it to 450whp without a HPFP or meth. Turbo upgrade aside, its beyond stock fuel system limit.

IMO paying 1k for the install of a stage 1 is a waste. But thats my opinion. Yes, the turbo is a good deal at 500, but paying that much for labor with a marginal increase in power just doesn't seem cost effective. I think the post above is probably around the ballpark for gains. You will make around the same, maybe a little more, than a EWG with stock turbo. So you might be able to push 400whp, but you might even need a custom tune for that... If you were going to DIY the install, i would say 100% do it.
Appreciate 0