02-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #22
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Amazing pictures! Very clean car as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksi View Post
Awesome pictures!!!
I appreciate the compliments, guys. Glad I could share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64-bit View Post
Congratulations, beautiful car and tasteful mods.

Is your car AWD? or just RWD like mine? Are those winter tires? How is the car to drive on snow.

I live in New England (near Boston) and for the last two winters I kept my car in the garage and drove my winter car, but I miss my BMW way too much and next winter I will get a set of snow tires and have fun with it. Life is just too short to not enjoy it.

It is rear-wheel drive with dedicated winter wheels/tires.

Here's my personal take:

Successful driving in snow is about 25% car, 25% tires and 50% driver. So you you're responsible for half of the job! RWD BMWs with winter-specific tires coupled with today's sophisticated traction control systems, do a very good job keeping the vehicle in control in adverse conditions. Be mindful of driving in snow that is higher than your car's ground clearance (you may get stuck). And - be extra careful on ice (there is not a car in the world, xDrive, Mercedes 6x6, or tank, that can maneuver well on ice.

Also, learn how to use the DSC system. Depending on the conditions, I will activate this when the snow is deeper to allow for a little more wheels spin. And deactivate once I'm on my way. Video here from BMW USA with more information. If you want to take your RWD 3-Series to the next level in all conditions, look into the BMW Performance limited-slip differential (this may just be my next modification).

Safe driving and enjoy your BMW in New England!