View Single Post
      08-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Superchips Pro2 Tune installed

Today, the Superchips Pro2 Tune was installed into my 328i from Tigersoft Performance.

Hearing a lot about the JB4 tune, i was a bit reluctant to jump on any other tune just for the peace of mind. I later was introduced to John from Tigersoft Performance and got talking about this tune from Superchip that showed great results. What i was aiming for was more of reliability with better fuel consumption over performance which made me nervous to really jump on any tuning. After reading up on them, the tune looked to be safe so i went ahead with ordering.

Result
Initial:149rwkw
Chip: 175.9rwkw

Dyno
I am proud to say that the BMW 328i did great stock! My car is fitted with the 8AT and to get 149 from said 180kw is a great achievement from the engineers who designed the drivetrain. After the installation of the chip, the gains were smooth and even throughout the dyno chart showing the potential possible from this chip from just a piggy back device. AFR was pretty much unchanged meaning there was no increase in fuel consumption for more power which would be great for a lot of people.
(once i receive the images, i will upload them)

On Road
So here is the real test! Just a little information, I have come from a BMW z4 3.0l manual, have occasionally driven an STi with 300kw on 4 wheels and some GTR's so jumping from my old bmw, my 328 and other cars i've driven has been a massive power gap. After the tune, i could feel the pull on acceleration but did not give me the wow factor. The power gain is definitely there but if you are looking for a monster, the tune is only a start. Flat out on the throttle from 10km/hr gave me wheelspin and showed a fuel consumption reading of 27l/100km at about 40-50km/hr which is about the same before the tune but with the extra power. Highway set on cruise control and Eco Pro mode showed between 4.7l/100km and 5.4l/100km on a flat surface which is about the same aswell. The sports displays however showed the increase the dyno described that proves the sports displays is not just for show and actually does work! (what happens when i pass 400torque?)

Benefit of this tune?
Have you ever taken off at the lights on Eco Pro mode? Have u ever looked in the rear view mirror telling the guy behind you "hey! I am on Eco Pro! I cant go any faster if i want to save fuel!"? Starting from Eco Pro mode is a lot more reasonable after the tune! I have noticed the car gets going a lot better with a lower l/100km count which has dropped my av. l/100km slightly over 200km.

Conclusion

Great tune!
Great power increase
Great smooth power delivery
Same fuel consumption on full throttle

In about 1 months time, I will be able to give l/100km for Urban, Mixed and HWY. So far, I am happy with the results as my main concern was greater fuel consumption and reliability.
Appreciate 0