05-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #43
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackHawk View Post
I paid like USD200 for the shop to install the speakers and amp for me to save me all the troubles as i am not an expert of this. But then the cons is that i don't know where they had left the center channel wiring at... the shop installed the speakers and the amp doesn't cut the dash for the center speakers and if i want to install the center speakers, I need to go to another shop who has many experience on cutting the dash.

Nevertheless, i have a problem need to solve before i move on to the center speakers. I have Focal IFBMW-S, IFBMW-C and IFBMW-Sub for the front, rear and underseat speakers. The front and rear speakers run awesome but the bimmertech amp (PP82DSP) doesn't seem to be powerful enough to drive the Focal IFBMW-Subs. These subs are rated 90W RMS / 180W MAX @ 4ohms, where the amp can only provide 55W RMS / 110W MAX @ 4ohms. My underseat subs sounds very little and barely notice their existence. Now i don't know if i should add a separate AMP after the bimmertech amp to drive these subs or buy another set of subs which the bimmertech can handle. Any suggestion?

USD 200 is rather cheap compared to what I was quoted.

Regarding the subs, same here, I found the IFBMW-Sub to be rather quiet; so I boosted the gain on the EQ on the subs channels by +5dB, and activated switch #4 on the amp which gives an added 2dB boost to the sub channels, and now the overall sound level is consistent across the frequency spectrum, perhaps a bit too loud even on the bass, I may need to correct a bit.