04-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
minijet
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano10 View Post
Very nice, looking forward to update and pics!
Ok First day with Bilstein PSS10 installed.
I purchased the part number 48-229012 which is the 'komfort' version of the PSS10.

Reason for the comfort version is that i wanted to retain near enough OEM height as roads here in Sydney are shocking.
No pics as car is basically stock height. Im waiting for it to settle down first then will lower a tad and corner weight.

This is great for those of you not wanting that dumped look and just want something with a slight drop. If you want the dumped look im sure the normal PSS10 can provide that.

Initial driving impressions.... ITS AWESOME (for me)
Coming from a modified 135i I missed the sound, power but most of all the handling. When i got the F30 328i I found it very unpredictable around corners especially on acceleration. It felt as it it was wallowing and opposite corner of where i was turning was digging/diving into the ground.. didnt make for a nice drive at all....Things got even worse when i changed to non run flats PSS.

Now with the PSS10 its a much nicer handling car with much more predictable turn in. Absorption (on setting front 3 and rear 2) is very much OEM like (with run flats). So not bad in my books to get OEM ride with better handling.

Note that the setting are basically very close to the softest setting so there is heaps more scope to stiffen the suspension if you need.

No unusual noises from the suspension either as i was worried it might be noisy.

I have had a few different sorts of coilovers ie Sachs, H&R and now Bilstein and the bilsteins i have found are quite comfortable. Cant comment too much on outright handling performance as its only been a few hours and I mainly wanted a compromise between ride quality and handling.

Any questions ask away but would buy again.
Appreciate 0