10-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #142
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
I haven't experienced this, at least not on forums. BMW has been the worst brand I've seen for elitism from its owners.

Just look how this thread got started...a 335i owner asks if 328i owners debadge their cars as if they have something to hide or they should feel inferior to a 335i.

Seriously, how freaking absurd of a question is that?
Without a doubt an absurd question. Although I'd be willing to wager it was a question posed in jest to incite controversy. Some people get great satisfaction stirring the pot without consequence on the internet. Others a just plain dicks.

A lot of what happens on forums isn't based in reality. Occasionally you'll come across a forum with a mean age greater than 12 yrs. old. Often you won't. I guess I've been spoiled by participating in a number of forums that ARE for and by enthusiasts frequented by folks genuinely interested in helping each other and sharing their knowledge. The majority of them were centered around older generations, so perhaps that's the difference. They weren't the original douchbag owners who feel compelled to swing their dicks around and spout how much better they are than everyone else.

I originally came to this site looking for some more info about the new F30. I found a sea of crap that requires diligence to wade through. The shear quantity of posts that are flat out wrong and/or easily answered with a minimum of effort is mind numbing. There is a small core of folks who actually do appear to be knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge. Then there are the typical forum assclowns. Every site has them.

In the real world (at least the one I live in), true Bimmerphiles ARE a very accepting group. Join your local CCA and go to their meetings and events. I'm pretty sure you'll see what I'm talking about. Nowhere else will you find guys with brand new $100k+ cars rubbing elbows (and getting dirty) with guys with 20+ year old hoopties with 300k miles.

Use forums for entertainment and the occasional fact-finding mission. Walk away from the computer and out of the house to find REAL friends to play with.
Appreciate 0