southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

2012 Detroit NAIAS: F30 M Sport 335i Debuts. New M Sport Info

BIMMERPOST NEWS
NAIAS 2012: M Sport 335i (F30) Makes First US Appearance
COMMENTS

Our live coverage from the 2012 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) continues. From the NAIAS show floor, here are the first photos of the US M Sport 335i (F30) in Estoril Blue II debuting in North America.

Compared to our earlier coverage on the European spec M Sport package, you can see several differences for the US: For one there are the obvious orange reflectors which are integrated subtly. The US version also has no fog lights which makes for a sportier appearance (the reason for the fog light delete is to enhance cooling). European models will retain the fog lights.

On to the interior, there's the lovely M Sport steering wheel and the exclusive trim with blue accent strips (no worries, trims without blue accents are available). Unlike the European version, there are no red accents in the gauges. This car is a real winner if you ask us.

We've also just learned more information on the US M Sport package:
  • Production of M Sport Package F30 starts in July 2012 with deliveries expected to start in September 2012
  • It's not yet been decided if the M Sport Brakes will be part of the M Sport package or optional
  • US M Sport pack has no fog lights for enhanced cooling
  • Contrary to some rumors in the media, there'll be no power bump with the M Sport package
  • M Sport Aero kit has an aerodynamic advantage over the other lines.

For full F30 M Sport info, see our M Sport Guide.

Stay tuned for a lot more coverage from NAIAS 2012.

F30 M Sport and Undercarriage

Appreciate 0