View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #327
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyabiev View Post
My garage queen is a Mazda 3 MPS (Mazdaspeed3), tuned by myself. ECU logic is the same - targeting load which is calculated from MAF voltage that is translated to g/s. ECU automatically adjusts boost within specified limits to 20-22psi at 0°C IAT and 29psi+ at 30°C IAT to reach my target load.

I will log my M240i during summer heat to get the baseline for boost values in different conditions. Got her in November, so there are no high IAT runs yet.
My GLI is the same, but boost targets are dialed in because MAF values and IATs don't vary enough to warrant an extra 40% increase in boost pressure, even with a garrett turbo. Cold air intake + big IC keeps everything in check. The B58 is even better because of the air to water IC.

And like I said, you can adjust parameters wtihin the scalling yourself. So My 150% load won't necessarily match yours in output. Easier to talk boost since it's consistent. It just doesn't mean we're making the same power with the same tune. That's one of the ways BM3 originally got around the torque limitations of the 8AT.

Definitely run logs, it'll tell you everything.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0