Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_F30 View Post
I honestly I didn't end up getting a solid boost tester beyond a few psi, but I think once I do I'm going to cap off the intake and then use one of the bungs from the CP for a compression fitting.
There seems to be two options - pressurize from the CP (bung or 8AT vacuum port) and plug the intake, OR, pressurize from the intake and plug the 8AT vacuum port. In both cases, it looks like you will need to somehow plug (what i think is) the PCV that goes from the valve cover to the turbo inlet. If you did not plug that and/or the 8AT vacuum port, that is probably why you could not get pressure sustained. That, or just leakage past the throttle body (not sure how tight it seals).

I just went out and took a closer look at the car and took some measurements. It looks like I will need to get a 3.5'' PVC "plug" to clamp into the turbo inlet. I will probably put a compressor fitting into that and pressurize from there; that is how i have made pressure testers for other cars in the past. I would then remove the vaccum line from the CP for the 8AT and cap/plug that port before pressurzing the system. I would also need to somehow plug the PCV hose, probably by removing from the valve cover and putting a plug into it.
This is great, didn't think about the PCV valve, this is why a decent sized compressor is ideal. I was gonna say I recommend capping/covering the intake side and use one of the bungs on the CP, plugging the 8AT outlet.
Appreciate 0