11-19-2018, 03:29 AM   #20
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethefish View Post
I possibly would have had some 'good will on my F30.
But the E90 had 80k on it and had a 3rd party insurance.
And despite every effort including ringing bmw uk there was no good will payment.

As it was when the N47 engine timing chain was a new issue.
And I was basically told it could only be due to abusive driving style.
I had to pay the 4,700 in cash and after lots of legal threats claim it back on the insurance...
Did your E90 have full BMWSH at 80k miles, and had you bought it from BMW, either new or as an AUC? Those are both significant factors in BMW's attitude towards goodwill, as I understand it. In the OP's case I believe he bought the car from BMW and it has covered a very low mileage.

To give you a couple of further examples of goodwill. Someone here had an EGR failure in year 4 with no warranty and was charged £87, from memory, for its replacement. I also had an EGR replaced in year 4 on my 335d on my car with a warranty with a 100xs - I was charged £100.

A friend required approx £4k of suspension work on an 5 Series touring at 4 years and 80k miles. He was charged £1,200.

I ran my last X5 until it was 6.5 years old without a warranty but bought from and maintained exclusively by BMW. During those 3.5 years out of warranty I had various jobs done - some free and some for 30-40% of the official price.
Appreciate 0